2015-06-02

Annie Meyer Artwork Gallery - Portland, OR - U.S.A.

.
I consider myself a painter, but work in 3 different mediums: Painting (primarily oil and acrylic paintings), monotype prints, and ceramic tiles. Essentially my work is the same theme, but expressed differently due to the difference in mediums. My subject manner is the human figure, and abstract landscapes. I have been drawing the figure since high school, and I work directly from a live model.

My landscapes come from places that I travel to paint each year. They are of specific places, but with minimal colors and shapes they are more emotional rather than factual in content. I have an affinity for minimal landscapes, which I attribute to growing up in the Midwest, staring out at farmland with a few lines and few trees. Over the past 16 years, I feel that my work has evolved into what I consider an abstract sense of time and place, and with it I aim to translate the sense of identity I feel with these landscapes that are both from my childhood and myself today.

Website & source

FIC123.BE THE CULTURAL PORTAL.